Sunday, May 8, 2016

Review Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46 replica, 46mm is huge, but Andrew assured me it 'wears smaller', a phrase that I never really lent any weight to until now, it actually doesn't feel like a massive lump on my wrist. I thought about getting the 42mil version, but that has a date window at 3, and I like the date window at 6 on this - very ' cal. 12 Heuer-esk'. It's still a big watch, but it doesn't feel silly.

It came on the Ocean Racer rubber strap & deployant, which is very smart, but I like to wear it on this leather strap that came with a cheap 'Pam-esk' watch I bought a while back - gives it a casual look, and despite it being a polished case, it's not blingy on the wrist.

The classic 'Heritage' looks really are lovely, and although I'm a vintage fan through and through, I do find this watch just as enjoyable as some of my older Heuers. The dial is lovely, it's a matt-satin-ish finish, hard to describe, almost like liquid in some light, but in other light it appears to have a faint starburst effect. I don't quite know how this is happening, as there definitely isn't a starburst finish to it, must just be a trick of the light.

The quality of the dial is unbelievable, the bottom close-up pic hasn't been altered at all, and you can see that the fine details are superb - I love the little touches, like the 18k gold 'B', which really sets it off - nice touches like that I really appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment